From time to time, we have opportunities for exceptional people. If you do not see a role you feel is suitable on our vacancies page but are still interested in joining us, then please contact us!
Financial Controller – Full-Time
SFL’s vision is to: –
- Strive to bring flue and chimney solutions to our customers by providing superior quality and innovative design at affordable prices.
- To achieve sustainable and profitable growth year on year, in both the UK and export markets, for the mutual benefit of all interested parties.
- Build long-term relationships with customers, employ and develop skilled employees and continually improve our product offering and manufacturing methods.
Our Mission is to become the leading manufacturer of steel single/twin wall chimney systems within the UK. To become the world leading solution provider for flue and chimneys products.
Based in Barnstaple, the Financial Controller is responsible for the performance of the finance, purchasing, systems/planning and IT functions of the company, as dictated by the agreed budget/strategy and reports directly to the General Manager. Reporting on all financial and accounting activities. Overseeing the day-to-day operations of direct reports.
Scope of the role:
- Responsible for the preparation of fully reconciled monthly management accounts and two monthly flash forecasts, statutory accounts, annual budgets and ongoing cashflow forecasts to the parent company in the US.
- Proactive management of the annual external audit process.
- Ensuring that the company complies with all statutory requirements and that HMRC submissions are filed accurately.
- Maintenance of customer price books, sales item price lists and current raw material purchase prices.
- Ensure timely submission and payment of monthly payroll and supplier payments and maintain control over sales ledger receipts.
- Safeguard company controls over expenditure authorisation and maintain within any cashflow limitations.
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities.
- Examine all financials reports and data closely to check for discrepancies.
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations.
- Debt/Credit management processes.
- Review and management of Company Insurances
- Management of relationship with Company Bank.
- To keep the business updated with the latest financial activities in the UK and worldwide.
- To participate as a key member of the SMT, working with the GM and other SMT members to improve costs and drive continuous improvements around processes, controls and on matters of strategic direction.
- Ensure the environmental, health and safety, manufacturing and quality standards and procedures are adhered to.
- Adherence to such Stamm International Corporation Policy as may be relevant to the position and other statutory legislation relevant to the business and its activities.
- To monitor the performance of direct reports.
- To build a coherent team to meet the business demands.
- Ensure adequate resources are in place to meet business requirements.
- Succession planning for key members of the team to ensure continuity.
- Guide, mentor, train and appraise employees.
- Supporting and participating in changing company culture.
- Ensuring that objectives and standards are not only understood but owned by all members of the team.
To manage those of direct responsibility and when necessary maintain discipline according to Company procedure.
Skills & Attributes
- Self-organised, self-motivated, action oriented and efficient. Maintain strict deadlines.
- Reacts well under pressure, able to prioritise and manage own workload and that of the Team
- Proactive, takes initiative, actively seeks out improvement opportunities without being asked.
- Strong analytical skills, able to balance the need for analysis and rigour with speed of action when solving problems.
- IT literate.
- Effective numeracy and literacy skill.
- Demonstrates good listening skills.
- Accurate attention to detail for data entry and numerical working.
- Effective team working.
- Excellent oral and written skills – confident communicator.
- Willingness to work additional hours when the task demands, or departmental cover is required.
- Able to travel on occasions.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Good standard of general education. Maths and English (GCSE or equivalent grade C or above).
- Qualified Accountant: (CIMA preferably). Degree desirable.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar managerial position.
- Proven track record of presenting Financial Statements and Budgets.
- Experience of identifying and delivery process improvements.
- Working within a Manufacturing environment.
- Experience of MS Office – Excel to an advanced level.
- Experience/understanding of MRP system(s).
- Understanding of data privacy standards.
What we can offer you:
An opportunity for job satisfaction and achievement in a fast progressing company who has been manufacturing world class quality products in North Devon for over 40 years.
To apply please email your CV with salary expectations to – firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUALITY POLICY STATEMENT
SFL accept that the principle of creating equal opportunities for all employees is a key factor for the future prosperity of the business, and that no area of employment will be exempt from that principle.
Quite apart from legal obligations, SFL considers it good business to encourage all employees to develop their economic and individual potential – whilst sharing the responsibility of non discrimination in employment – with all colleagues and representative bodies in the workplace.
Our objective is to create a working environment in which there is no unlawful discrimination and all decisions are based on merit.
GDPR Privacy Statement
A link to our privacy statement can be found here.